Sunday, November 2, 2008

You're Bad for Me, Target. But I Love You.


We've mentioned previously on this blog our love for Target. Today I once again surrendered to its seductive powers. I went in today to get two things: vitamins and a picture-hanging kit. Not only did I acquire those items, I also left with a pair of pants, a sweatshirt, and Girls Just Want to Have Fun on DVD. I was also thisclose to buying an advent calendar and a fur-lined hoodie. I'm not quite sure what happens to me when I walk through those automatic doors. It's probably something to do with their ever-rotating merch that makes me think I have to buy an item before another person takes it (and they will - I've learned the hard way you can't go back expecting for it to still be there). But in my defense, GJWTHF was only $5, and it's an 80s classic - nay, a classic in any decade. I can't sing "Angels We Have Heard on High" without thinking of Lynn Stone adding a "Day-o. Day-you-say-day-you-say-day-o" as she smuggles Janie out to practice with hunkie Jeff Malene.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Dang it, Kristen! After you told us about the advent calendars, Melinda and I succumbed and each bought one. Now I must have the $5 GJWTHV DVD! I heart Target too!

Michelle said...

Gosh that DVD takes me right back. I will remember to avoid Target for a while.

Unknown said...

I am glad I am not alone when it comes to the Targe indulgence.

Kate said...

"Gee. I don't have anything smaller than a fifty. Sorry."

Anonymous said...

"ooooh a parking place right in front, that's a good omen!" I will be going to Target to get one of your fantastic discovery at a bargain price! God bless those Bird Sisters!!! I couldnt be more pleased to know them!