Oh how I love working with the public! You forget how truly crazy they are until you spend a lot of time talking to them on the phone (also, I wanted to load another generic office worker photo on here because I think they're funny!)So at work, I end up calling many, many people during the day. One of the things that will happen is that I will identify myself, and ask for "Bob" for example. The person answering the phone will invariably ask where I'm calling from, and upon hearing that it is their insurance company, they will inform me that they are the person I'm looking for. It's like they're all hiding from bill collectors or something. So yesterday, this 18 year old kid answers the phone, and I ask for Kyle. He says he's not home, and asks who's calling. So I tell him, and he starts stuttering and says that Kyle has just walked in the door. So he puts me on hold for a good 3 minutes, and then the same kid gets on the phone and says he's Kyle. He didn't even try to change his voice! I know it's you Kyle; why are you trying to hide from me?
Then last week, I had been trying to get hold of a man who drives trucks, and had to call me at odd times of the day. So his lovely wife was trying to pass on my information to him. So I get a phone call from her and she tells me that she wants to make sure that my number is working because her husband can't get through to me. So I'm thinking, didn't you just call me at this number, and aren't we having a conversation? So I give her the number she had just called me on, and not one minute later, she calls me again to make sure it was working! I don't understand! And her husband never called me.
1 comment:
Post a Comment