So Julie has informed me that I have been slacking, and that she and Kristen have been running this thing for the last week. Well you know what Julie? I've been a tad busy. What have I been busy with you ask? Well friends, that would be my brand spanking new job! That's right, after seven long, depressing, debillitating, soul sucking years, I have been released from my job/prison. The day I accepted the job, October 15th, will go down as a great day in history. We'll be celebrating this day next year, so clear your calendars. Since I don't know how to actually do a cartwheel, I spent my last two weeks attempting reasonable facsimiles in my cube. It was great, and I don't think I've ever been so happy.But now the reality of actually having to perform a new job is setting in. First of all, I work in Provo. Are you kidding me? Who works in Provo? I was treated to a real doozy on my second day in the office when we had that lovely snow storm, and it took me almost an hour and a half to roll into work. Now I know what Julie feels like every day with her 345 mile commute every day! Secondly, I have no idea what I'm doing! This is one of the large reasons that I hate starting a new job. I'm a slight control freak, and not knowing what's going on hurts my head. So if I've talked to any of you on the phone, and I didn't know what I was saying, please bear with me.
But in the meantime, I think back to my seven years as a POW, and I am just delighted with my ridiculous commute, and inability to perform my new job!
8 comments:
But WHAT? What is your job??!!! (You don't have to say where.) Must know...Please reply in the comments. I'll check back. ;)
Oops! BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Yea for you!!!
Hallelujah! I was about to send out an S.O.S. (Save Our Sister) for a witty new post.
Congrats on the new job! I'm in Orem...we can be lunch buddies!
Melinda! Congrats on the new job. I must add that I am impressed beyond comprehension how you could last 7 years as a POW. You have some amazing endurance. What's your secret?
At least you can still move your arms normally unlike a former presedential candidate who will remain nameless...
Alright Courtney, this is for you because I know you will check back! So I'm working at a wee little insurance company called UIG. It's across from the Riverwoods in the 'Vo if you remember where that is. I basically talk to crazy people on the phone ALL day. Good times. And Heather, I will be your lunch buddy any time!
Yippee! Lunch buddies!
Post a Comment