Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life

So last night, Julie, Kristen and I kicked off our Christmas season by going to see Odyssey Dance's version of It's a Wonderful Life. (Sorry for all the pictures, but look at Kristen's cute bangs!)


It was playing at Kingsbury Hall, and there is very minimal leg room there. We're not giants, but we were jammed in there pretty tightly, and there was nowhere to move. So after act 3, Julie had spied some empty seats behind us, and up and moved so that she could stretch out. In her words, it was life changing back there. So I had turned around to ask her something and found this little gem with it's own chair:

Her purse is so large, it needs it's own seat!

Now Kristen had informed Julie and I that we were the only people on the planet, not just in America, who hadn't seen this movie. So sue me--I don't like depressing black and white movies! So poor Kristen had to translate what was going on for us throughout the night. But even if I had seen the movie, I don't know that I would have understood all of the dance filled interpretations of the movie. Maybe it's just me, but I had no idea that people dancing around angrily in trench coats represented the down trodden economy. And when a bunch of 'lil shorties started busting out some whack hip hop moves, that represented today's world that George would have missed had he not been around. But once I figured out what was going on, it was a grand time, and it was a good way to start celebrating the season!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Be honest . . . who else hasn't seen this movie?!?! And, thanks Melinda for not having a picture of me stretched out in the row.

Unknown said...

LOVE the bangs and OH so jealous that you guys got to go see It's a Wonderful Life, it looks so good!