Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blast from the Past


At work, one of the girls and I we were tapping along to the Muzak playing throughout the center . . . it was a classic Olivia Newton John song from Xanadu. One of the other girls had never even heard of the song! Appalling!! Then we were talking about Neil Diamond week on American Idol . . . she had never heard his songs either! I was also shocked to learn that she had never watched the Jazz Singer! She looked at me like I was crazy when I was describing the scene where the father tears his shirt because he doesn't approve of his son. I was in shock and in disbelief . . . what is happening to kids today! Kristen likes her old classic moves . . . and I like mine. Don't even get me started on my affinity for Ice Castles. :) - Julie

2 comments:

Melinda said...

You bet; that IS strange that someone doesn't know the classic that is Xanadu. You and the 3 other people in the world who have seen it agree. :) But there is no excuse for not having seen the Jazz Singer. You should schedule a screening for a Fun Day!

Kristen said...

Um, I haven't seen the Jazz Singer. Just saying.