Remember that time when Melinda and I took rowing lessons on the Great Salt Lake? Well, we thought it would be fun to do it again! We brought along our friend Katie again and another friend of mine, Sharon, and signed up through the
Great Salt Lake Rowing club.
We could tell immediately things were more organized this time around. The instructor 1) responded to emails; and 2) showed us a safety video! By the first class we already felt we had learned more technique than we had in the entire class last time. Our instructor was very patient with us, because I had forgotten pretty much everything. Getting in the boat is perhaps the hardest part (Melinda has a follow-up story about this).
But one thing hasn't changed: rowing is amazing. Seriously, there's something about being in total control of this
vessel and you get into a groove with the oar strokes where you can really tell you're doing it right. And then there are other times when you get caught in a boat slip and have to get yourself out.
When I tell people I'm taking a rowing class on the Great Salt Lake, they usually ask if it smells. Really, it doesn't once you get on the water. And the lake is gorgeous. At sunset, there are few things more beautiful.
Here's a couple pics that don't do any of it justice.
 |
| Melinda in her boat in the marina |
 |
| Melinda next to her boat. |
 |
| Me about to get in my boat...the hardest part. |
 |
| I mean, come on. |
 |
Me and Sharon on the last day of class....finally a good day weather-wise!
|
|
 |
| Love this! |
No comments:
Post a Comment