
I love a mall. While Kristen likes to find museums and a 5K to run when we are out of town, I'm all about a yummy place to eat and a mall to go shopping at. So, you can imagine my excitement at the prospect of the new City Creek Center downtown. Many moons ago, I started working downtown and was there for about 10 years . . . walking all around and enjoying the various restaurants, shops, and sites to see. I loved ZCMI with the candy counter where I could buy $1 worth of different candies, the snack bar, the Tiffin Room, the close stores to shop at when I had an emergency clothing crisis . . . I loved it all. When I switched jobs and moved down south, all sorts of construction was happening to create the new City Creek. Now that I'm back downtown and even closer, the excitement has been building for months. I have been counting down the days until March 22nd and keeping my eye on what stores and restaurants were going to be opening. Imagine how thrilled I was when I heard about a preview event for the mall. In fact, it was billed as a "gala" where we were instructed to "dress smart". So, with a donation to a great charity, Melinda and I were all set for the big event. (Kristen missed out as the event quickly sold out). We saw a little bit of everything with the crowds interpretation of smart . . . career wear, sparkly gowns, suits and a tuxedo as well as some skin tight dresses and sky high heels. It made for some great people watching.
We arrived and were greeted by receiving our own lanyard and a program of locations for the food, drinks, and music throughout the mall as well as all the discounts that would be available at the stores. I was in heaven! Oh, how I love a program of events.

We enjoyed sushi, sliders, carving stations, delicious desserts and plenty of drinks as we went through the mall. It is absolutely beautiful with the various fountains and attention to every detail. I love how the church has taken an active part in ensuring that the area around Temple Square is taken care of.
I hesitated leaving my mega purse, dubbed "Pursey", at home so I wouldn't be weighed down as we walked around. I admit that I feel a little lost without it. So, after getting a few small shopping bags at various stores, we hit the mother lode at The Limited with my own new canvas bag which handily held all my packages, wallet and made me feel much more at home.
We went through the Tiffany store and they have a genius location with a large picture window that looks right to the temple . . . smart idea for a wedding ring retailer. We had a great time and are so excited for this to add to downtown Salt Lake. Between this mall and the new Harmon's . . . I am a happy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment