Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fancy Schmancy Meals

From time to time it's fun to have a fancy meal.

My friend Stacy had gotten a generous gift card from her boss for Christmas to LaCaille that she invited me to help her use . . . don't I have great friends! I had never been to LaCaille, but had heard lots about it. We got a reservation and after making a few circles trying to figure out how to get there, I went up the majestic driveway and knew I was in for quite a treat when I saw that it's valet parking only.


For dinner, you order each course separately and it was fun to try some things we wouldn't normally try if we were paying for the whole thing. It didn't take long to blow through the gift card - and then some. It's a good thing we aren't drinkers too.


Last month, Melinda, Kristen and I had a fun experience at a restaurant that had 16 courses with picture cards describing each course. So fun! At one point, we had some gentlemen come over and join us at our table. We swear it was the modest cardigan's that all three of us were wearing that just drew them to us.


And . . . have I talked about my love for Harmon's before? Hmmm . . . can't quite remember. Melinda and I tried one of their Chef's Table dinner's one night where the resident chef cooks a meal for you and as a guest . . . you get to eat and enjoy. No hands-on, no demonstration, just eating and savoring each course . . . the perfect night. We discovered a new love for Creminelli pancetta that we found a reason to top on everything . . . except dessert. And a salad with brussell sprout leaves instead of lettuce and a maple vinaigrette . . . brilliant. We are ready to go again!


No comments: