Thursday, March 8, 2012

All I Need

As a devoted Dancing with the Stars fan, I was elated to hear that one of the dancers this season is going to be Jack Wagner.



Jack, who? you ask. I have had a crush on this actor/singer for years. It started in 1983 when he burst onto the scene of General Hospital as rock star, "Frisco Jones", who would be replacing John Stamos, nee' "Blackie Parrish". Not only was he a singer, but his character was funny, charming and an all-around romantic guy trying to woo his beloved Felicia and I was hooked. I carefully taped General Hospital every day and on Fridays when we got out of elementary school at 1:20 pm . . . I would walk home as fast as my little legs would carry me to try and be home by 1:30 to catch the last few minutes of the weekly cliffhanger episode. On the occasion when it was my turn to go grocery shopping with Mom, I would peruse the magazine section and beg for every Tiger Beat or Super Teen magazine that had any mention of my beloved Jack Wagner. I had the walls of my room papered with his picture and every article he was mentioned in. As his singing career took off with the classic, "All I Need", I continued to tape every episode of Solid Gold or any other show that he was on. I purchased every cassette tape as soon as it was released by heading over to the music store at the Cottonwood Mall.


Nevermind that these things are now available through the internet and YouTube. I still have the VHS tapes that I painstakingly recorded . . . some without commercials which means I had to pause the recording and then start again. I still have the pictures that were hanging on my walls. And, I should have written this book . . . check out this Amazon description:


"Eliza is looking to date a rock star -- though she uses the term loosely. None of her boyfriends have been famous. Most have unbearable habits and overbearing mothers. A few only played show tunes. Still, they're intense. Pierced. Tragically stubbled. With a predilection for dressing in black. Eliza finds them deep -- in theory, anyway. But in reality, none comes close to the object of her original rock-star crush: actor/crooner Jack Wagner. When her latest catch turns out be another mama's boy, Eliza begins to realize love is nothing like her favorite '80s song."

So true! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for this season of Dancing With the Stars

No comments: