
There are certain things I love about the holidays . . . things that usually only come around this time of year.
. . . I love all things peppermint. When the peppermint bark arrives at Costco I know it's about to be the most wonderful time of the year. This stuff is addictive. Often, I get a tub and then break it down into smaller bags so it will last a little bit longer. And, peppermint ice cream . . . yum! With some homemade fudge sauce on top . . . I'm in heaven. We tried this fudge sauce recipe yesterday and it was amazing. We decided that pretty much anything with sweetened condensed milk has got to be good. It would be good as a fondue too.
.
. . . Christmas movies - Now, I'm not talking about Miracle on 34th Street or even Elf. I love the cheesy romantic made-for-tv movies that you find on ABC Family and Lifetime. My heart is all a flutter when my magazines print the monthly schedule for the 25 days of Christmas with these movies spread all throughout the month of December. I make quick work of scheduling my DVR with these holiday gems. Some of my favorites are Holiday
in Handcuffs with the lovely Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez. I just finished the classic 12 Men of Christmas and don't get me started on Snowglobe with Christina Milian trapped in a perfect snow globe world . . . it's pretty great. This year I'm excited for the premiere of the 12 Dates of Christmas which is coming up soon.. . . Family Letters. I can't wait for these to start rolling in. I love getting the yearly updates of what everyone has been up to. We have some family members who write fantastic updates and we have already alerted Dad to save them for us when we come over should their letters arrive. Since I love to read them, I also like to send them out. Which reminds me . . . still need to do those.
1 comment:
please inform me where to get this nailpolish...I have had a major hankering for a GOOD red.
Post a Comment