I've been taping "Life" on the Discovery Channel (it's by the same people who did Planet Earth and is narrated by Oprah Winfrey). This show is amazing. The shots they get are incredible. And I'm actually learning a lot about animals (or "creatures" as Julie would call them). I'm quite a few episodes behind, but tonight I watched the one on reptiles and amphibians. I'm sure my face is amusing when I'm watching this show. It's a mixture of revulsion and fascination. I would gasp out loud when Oprah would say things like "The tarantula is one of the water toad's biggest predators." Cut to the tarantula easing its furry legs over the hill JUST AS the toad was climbing into its direct path. "Things don't look good for this little toad." I found myself saying things like "Get out of there, dude!" and covering my eyes.
But in the end, it's like a car wreck. You just have to look (Incidentally, the toad escapes by curling itself into a ball and tumbling down the mountain). And if I thought the toad's escape from the tarantula was hard to watch, before long we had to learn about the mating habits of reptiles. I told you I was learning a lot.
But in the end, it's like a car wreck. You just have to look (Incidentally, the toad escapes by curling itself into a ball and tumbling down the mountain). And if I thought the toad's escape from the tarantula was hard to watch, before long we had to learn about the mating habits of reptiles. I told you I was learning a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment