Monday, April 12, 2010

Deseo un flauta delicioso!

So I've mentioned before that in addition to wanting a hot meal at a fair price, I just really want to find a truly fantastic Mexican restaurant. I have tried virtually every option possible, and I invariably leave feeling disappointed. I've had portions of a great meal at various places-a delicious chip and salsa here, a wonderful TJ Taxi there, and such. Some weeks I crave Mexican food every day, and I have yet to find a place where I might actually consider going every day.

Well, every year, Salt Lake City magazine gives awards for the best restaurants. I usually always agree with their choices, and love finding new places to sup. This year, the editors could not stop raving about the Sonora Grill in Ogden, of all places. We were told that the tableside guacamole was ridiculous, and that their tacos would make you want to do a Mexican hat dance. Since I perform a mean Mexican hat dance, Kristen and I strapped on our Kevlar vests, put on our steel toed boots, secured the pins in our grenades, and we made a trip up to O-Town a few weeks ago. (It was my second time there!) Since I am rather addicted to guacamole, and I love anything made tableside, we of course had to order that, as well as a selection of the now famous tacos. While the food wasn't poor, it was a smidge bland, and I was once again, muey disappointed. And if I can be honest here, Kristen makes much better tableside guacamole! However, they did redeem themselves by serving my favorite part of the meal: face-sized tortilla chips! Brilliant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best mexican in the state is Tarahumara in Midway (380 E Main St Midway)

Julie Bird said...

Nice . . . let's plan a road trip and test it out.