Sunday, May 6, 2012

Utah County Favorites


I was filling out a survey of the Best Things in Utah Valley and realized that I've lived in Happy Valley for over five years. Even though I still tend do most everything on the north side of the Point of the Mountain, there are a few favorite destination spots that I love.  Of course, most of it's food and treats with a few extra spots mixed in. 
 The BYU Candy Counter.  It's the place for the best chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate covered cinnamon bears.  They are also famous for their homemade fudge . . . . yum!  I like to get a dollars worth of this or that.  So fun!


We blogged about going to the restaurant, Communal, a while back, but it is seriously yummy. We've been wanting to try the monthly demonstration dinners that they do and also sample the breakfast  options sometime soon.



The Happy Sumo . . . now I know there are other locations, but this is the one that Melinda and I occasionally lunch at and all you have to know is . . . Bacon Crunch Roll.  It's not to be missed.



Brian's kids introduced me J Dawg's - a place that apparently everyone knew about except for me.  The way they score the hot dogs and cook them on the grill as a vehicle for their special sauce is just divine.  It's a cheap meal that's fun to eat outside.  And, now they have another location right by the University Mall.  It's a local secret that's not so secret.

In our quest for good Mexican food, we have always enjoyed the chips and salsa and the classic chicken burrito at Los Hermanos in both Provo and Lindon.  Lindon is a little easier to get to with all of the road construction.

The breadtwists at the Pizza Factory are awesome.  You can get them made savory with herbs and garlic.  I, however, like them plan and served with a gooey cinnamon sauce that you dip the bread in.  So good! There are lots of other locations for this as well, but it's nice and convenient across from the Lindon Los Hermanos. 



The Provo Beach resort has really spiced up the Riverwoods shopping center with indoor surfing, bowling, golf and lots of other activities available. 


Scrooge and Marley's in American Fork is my destination spot for cute knick knacks for my house.  And I've learned to shop early in the holiday season as they only a few of each thing that that they offer. 



Smart Cookie is also conveniently located in American Fork - and Fort Union.  Smart Cookie started near the BYU campus, but then got even smarter and moved away.  :)  I love a sampling of lots of different cookies - from red velvet, to cinnamon, to lemon with fun holiday variations throughout the year.  Their sugar cookie is delicious and the frosting is the best.


Thanksgiving Point - from Cooking Classes to the Labor Day Luau - they offer a lot of great activities.  When I was there recently, they are currently in the process of building a large spa which I think will be my duty to test out.





No comments: