Sunday, May 27, 2012

75 Things That Make Me Happy

(in no particular order)



  1. Coming home after a long day
  2. An unexpected compliment
  3. Getting absorbed in a good book
  4. The season's first strawberries
  5. Hot rolls right out of the oven - with butter and raspberry jam
  6. When I'm sunburned and I can peel my skin off in a big patch 
  7. The feeling I get after a good run
  8. Eating a treat I don't get very often - like Christmas fudge, or a Ben's cookie
  9. Sausage for breakfast
  10. Watching a campfire
  11. Waterfalls
  12. Travelling to new places
  13. People-watching
  14. Sitting behind a baby in church - especially when they stand up on the bench and give me a toothless smile
  15. A tall cold glass of milk with dinner
  16. Cold cereal
  17. Good TV
  18. Long weekends 
  19. Days/nights when I have no obligations
  20. A tidy house
  21. A big hug from my nieces or nephews 
  22. Discovering new music
  23. The feeling I get when I've rendered a good service
  24. Remembering how I would rest my head on my mom's arm in church - or laughing when one of our voices would crack while singing a hymns
  25. Getting a back rub from my dad (he gives the best ones)
  26. Wearing shorts
  27. Summer - long nights, the smell of chlorine and fresh-cut grass, and BBQs
  28. Long hot showers
  29. Christmas time
  30. Re-reading my favorite books
  31. Buying a new outfit
  32. Getting a good deal
  33. Temple Square
  34. When I first realize birds are chirping after a long winter
  35. A good night's sleep (also naps)
  36. My electric blanket
  37. When my bed is the perfect temperature - but I am under no obligation to get up
  38. The Price is Right (Bob Barker days)
  39. When I know the answer to Final Jeopardy! (this is rare)
  40. When I can finish a NYT crossword puzzle (also rare, and only towards the beginning of the week)
  41. A sense of accomplishment
  42. America's Funniest Home Videos, The World's Strong Man, and similar shows on TV
  43. The Olympics
  44. Rooting for the underdog
  45. Watching a soccer game on a summer night
  46. Going out for breakfast
  47. Beating people off the line in my car
  48. Getting new magazines in the mail
  49. Getting packages
  50. Getting hand-written notes
  51. Finding money in my pocket
  52. Good hair days
  53. Being able to see the alarm clock without glasses (thank you, LASIK)
  54. Playing "lightning" on the basketball court
  55. Getting BINGO
  56. Singing along to the Carpenters
  57. Getting new insights - or what Oprah calls "aha" moments
  58. Makeovers
  59. Feeling so comfortable with someone that you rarely run out of things to talk about
  60. Wearing a  new dress
  61. Pockets!! (also secret pockets)
  62. Catching on to something
  63. Four words: chocolate chip cookie dough
  64. Wearing sunglasses
  65. Rolling down the windows, blasting some music, and hanging my arm out the car window
  66. Figuring out what someone's vanity license plate says
  67. A good stretch
  68. Dry wit
  69. Sitting down after a long time standing, or standing up after a long time sitting (see: rest hymns in stake conference)
  70. Magic shows
  71. Those puzzle books you buy in the magazine section (my fave puzzles? Crostics)
  72. Opening a new can of tennis balls and hearing the whoosh of the air come out
  73. When the whole family gets together to do an activity
  74. Running into old friends
  75. Swings

2 comments:

Eric said...

I love this Kristen! You are so witty. There were so many that I was like AHHHH!! I Love that too!! The most noteworthy one: Singing along with the Carpenters. Did we ever discover our mutual love of this at CPS??? "I'm on the top of the world, lookin down on creation, and the only explanation I can find--is the love that I've found, ever since you've been around." I could go on...

Jana said...

ME ^ but while I'm at it, I also LOVE sausage for breakfast. By far, the best breakfast meat.