Thursday, May 3, 2012

Local Secret: Johnny Kolaches

The boys at work introduced me to these little gems a few years ago that are so yummy - and since I'm enjoying eating one right now, I thought it should be recorded and shared.  A kolache is a traditional Czech pastry that has a variety of fillings baked inside - like a little pillow of deliciousness.  Johnny Kolaches on 900 South and 248 West in the SLC serves up savory breakfast kolaches with cheese, bacon, ham or sausage with eggs and even jalapenos for some kick.  There are sweet ones available with a variety of fruit fillings like cherry, apple, cherry and blueberry.  And, I haven't made it over for lunch, but hear that the pulled pork inside is not to be missed as well.  You have to hurry for these treats as they are only open for breakfast and lunch and they typically sell out every day.  We usually call ahead to make sure we don't miss out. 

No comments: