
I have been getting my nails done regularly for years. I have noticed in the salon I go to as well as other salons, there is always a little section in the corner with a Buddha and various other things. Today in the corner, there was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, some tomatoes, some incense burning, among other things. I am not totally sure what it all means, but I have heard that it's a symbol of things that they are sacrificing in return for blessings from Buddha. I asked the owners daughter one time, who was since been baptized and married in the LDS faith, if her parents that run the salon were Buddhist. She said, no, they are actually Catholic. But, she said, they have heard that this ritual can be good for increasing business, so they try whatever works. Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment