Let me tell you, I have been hustling trying to mark items off my list. Here's an update of what I've done this week:#3: Take a glass-blowing class: DONE!
That is not me in that chair. But it was, when I was making my glass flower at Thanksgiving Point! Did you know they do this? Two heavily tattooed but kinda foxy guys help you out the whole way. Working with liquid glass is FASCINATING!
It's heated to 2200 degrees. Then they pull out the molten glass and you pull out the "petals" with special tweezers. THEN you pull the whole thing out to form the stem. This is the result:
Kinda cool, right? I totally loved it.
#4: Start my food storage: DONE!
Yep, it's a can of beans and some water. But it's a start!! Especially the water. I feel like I have enough food in my pantry to last me for...maybe a week. But water, I had none. Now I feel at least a little more prepared.
#14: Take curling lessons at the Utah Olympic Oval: DONE!
Well, this was a hoot. I managed to wrangle three other people who were either a) up for anything, or b) didn't know any better to come with me to learn how to curl.
Because, what other Olympic sport can you do in slacks and a polo? Here's what it should look like:
Looks totally easy, right? It is not!
Here's me giving it a go. You have to put your weight on the leg that is opposite your intuition and wear a special slider shoe that slides you down the ice. What I usually did, instead of sliding, was more of a slide-wobble that usually ended with me in an awkward sitting position on the ice.
Here's me giving it a go. You have to put your weight on the leg that is opposite your intuition and wear a special slider shoe that slides you down the ice. What I usually did, instead of sliding, was more of a slide-wobble that usually ended with me in an awkward sitting position on the ice.
We had a great time doing something that's not your typical weekend activity. AND, I got a souvenir from all my sliding around:
#17: Learn to knit: DONE!
Did you know that Kamille's at Gardner Village teaches knitting classes almost every night? Did you further know that there are only two stitches in knitting? Guess what, guys. I totally know them both.
Me and my friend Anne at our knitting class.
That picture was taken BEFORE I got home, tried to do some on my own, and threw my knitting needle in frustration. Lessons learned: unpick before it's too late. Don't knit when I'm tired. And if you can't notice your error on a horse riding by, it's ok. Or something like that.
That picture was taken BEFORE I got home, tried to do some on my own, and threw my knitting needle in frustration. Lessons learned: unpick before it's too late. Don't knit when I'm tired. And if you can't notice your error on a horse riding by, it's ok. Or something like that.
#29: Read the Lectures on Faith: DONE!
Wish me luck this week as I power through the rest of my list!
1 comment:
Way to check off so many items from your list! I wish I could've gone to that knitting class with you and Anne!
Post a Comment