Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grateful

Thanksgiving is always a good time to reflect on things that I am grateful for.

. . . My job. After not having one for several months, I have a new perspective on my job and am grateful for it. Last week I was even surprised by a ten-year award that was given to me with a celebration of treats and a gift. I started at this company in 1993 . . . I was a baby! With an 8 year break in between to learn and grow somewhere else, I was grateful for the chance to go back and work with the same people as I had before. Combined, I now have ten years there. Wahoo! Now, if they would only give me my pension back I would be even more grateful. :)

. . . My family. I love our family and am glad that we do things to stay close to each other. We love Lisa and Lilli who have joined us and for our fantastic nieces and nephews. We are glad that we live close and get to spend so much time together. I am grateful for forever families and the chance that we can be reunited with our sweet Mom who is our angel up above. We also have the best Dad. Melinda and I were talking to someone recently who said that even though she was married and supposed to have her Prince Charming, she was very much on her own. When she and her daughter were caught in the rain with a flat tire, she called her husband to come and help her. He said that it was raining and he wouldn't leave home to help her. She had to call AAA instead. Our sweet Dad is always there to help us with whatever he can and always has the best for his family as his motivation for everything that he does. If we call . . . he is there.

. . . These lovely ladies. As soon as I was called into Young Women's, I knew who I needed to have alongside me to serve with. It seems our new Relief Society President thought the same thing because after a brief break, we are back serving together. And, we wouldn't want it any other way. We have fun with each other and know that we can count on each other. I am excited for the new adventures together.
. . . Great neighbors. I have fantastic neighbors who look out for this single gal. If I need anything, I have great people who spring to action when needed. And I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I wonder why I am out here by myself . . . but then I think of the relationships I have and realize I wouldn't have them any other way.

. . . My iPhone. This is my other appendage. I can't leave anywhere without it. I was pretty hesitant to get it (right, Brent?), but, oh how I love it! It helps me when I get lost, schedules TV shows when I forget, helps me keep my bills in order, plays music to help me get through the day, helps to keep me in touch with everyone and keeps me entertained when I am waiting or have down time. Love it!!

No comments: