I spoke in Sacrament Meeting today. My friends and I have a little game we like to play. Every time one of speaks in church, we think of a funny word they have to use in their talk. It all started when I challenged Melinda to use the word "bun" in her talk. She didn't think she could do it and keep a straight face, but our friend Jayna did. And boy, did she! She made up a whole story about who knows what, but it involved her putting her hair up in a bun. And we were off.
After that, Betsy Johnson had to use the word "lunch." But drawn out, like this: "lllllunch." She did it.
Somehow I have come out the loser in this scenario, speaking three times since the game began. I have had to use "moist" ("I'm nervous, so if my forehead is moist please ignore it"), "throbbing" ("you know those moments when you get up to bear your testimony and your heart is throbbing") and today I used the word "lunge" ("please don't lunge to your feet to give me a standing ovation after this talk"). Others have been challenged to use "bulge" (which was turned into "bulging* congregations") and "pungent" ("the pungent smell of car exhaust").
I love this game.
*Yes, it is a bit of a foul to change the word to another tense. The integrity of the game is best preserved when you use the word in its original form.
2 comments:
ok that is HILARIOUS
yes, i do remember that. and just so you know.. that story wasn't made up. ha ha ha.
Post a Comment