Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lady and the Tramp

Growing up, we had a trampoline, and I loved it! I loved performing tricks, sliding across it when the sprinklers were on and sleeping outside on it during the Summer. Alas, once we got older, the trampoline had to go to the farm with all of the other trampolines who have been retired. I thought that my days of jumping on a trampoline were over, because you know, I'm old and could break a hip. Well my friends, my hips and I are back!

My friend, Kris, told me about this delightful class called Airobics, which is offered at this joint: http://www.airbornesports.com/, and I tell you, my life will never be the same. Last week, a group of us went, because your first class is free! I was beyond delighted when I walked in and found a room filled to the brim with trampolines! Our pocket sized instructor arrived, and like Van Halen said, we might as well jump. Pretty soon we were flying through the air, and I was happy as a lark. I had forgotten how much fun jumping is! The class flew by, (pun intended) and I even came thisclose to sweating! But the best part came at the end of the class when we got to fly into what we lovingly called the foam pit of death!

I'm pretty sure I looked like as I soared through the air:Graceful, right?

And this is what I looked like afterward, when I could not for the life of me haul myself out!


It was real hard! Don't worry, I eventually made it out. I have not laughed that hard in a long time, and I shall return. So if you live within a 10 mile radius of me, buckle up because I will be taking you with me!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You've been holding out on me! Do they play crack the egg in this class as well??