Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This is How We Roll

It turns out that I may or may not have developed a small addiction to sushi. This comes as somewhat of a shock to me, as I have only recently become exposed to this delicious treat. I have the Mikado to thank for my first real date with sushi, thanks to their happy hour on Monday and Tuesday nights where several of their rolls are half off! Yes please.

One of the tiny perks of working in Provo is that my office is 12 feet away from The Happy Sumo. Let me tell you, the fish they use is, dare I say it, silken! I have also recently discovered Tsunami. Not only do they have great sushi, but their name sounds so dangerous! Should you find yourself there, get the Jenny roll with the lemon slices on top, and then send me a thank you note.

Since I am trying to cut back on how often I go to these fine establishments, because frankly, the servers requested it, Kristen told me of a local secret where I could go on the sly to satisfy my almost daily craving...wait for it...Costco! Now they do a nice chicken bake and cheap hot dog, but come on, sushi? Well, I picked some up last week, and it was nothing short of real tasty. I won't tell you how quickly I polished of my 20 piece box set, because I'm a lady. I will say that this discovery might make me break my "no cart" rule at the Costco.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I would be happy to accompany you to lunch sushi :) I love it...but I'm always scared to go by myself...why, I don't know...I'm 34 years old...I should be okay walking into a restaurant by myself. SHEESH!

keri carter freeman said...

Melinda,
You are TOO funny! This makes me want to try sushi, although i have quite an aversion to rice. I think we should all take another cooking class again soon so we can criticize the teachers cleanliness of chicken parts. :) Have a great day!

keri