Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nostalgia

This week, instead of going to bed, I have been watching reruns of "Who's the Boss?" For those of you who are too young, Tony Danza plays Tony Micelli, a beefsteak who ends up being a housekeeper for Angela, a career woman in Connecticut. Get it? He's a housekeeper. She's a career woman. It's the 80s! Add in two children, Angela's saucy mother Mona and some "Ay-Oh - Oh-Ays" and you've got a recipe for success.

I have thoroughly been enjoying these reruns. First, they're so innocent. Things are hinted at instead of shown you. Second, the 80s fashions are incredible:

Third, how can you not love the theme song:


Who else loves "Who's the Boss?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the 80's...... Who's the boss, Silver Spoons, Small Wonder, Punky Brewster, the list goes on and on. Kids today have no clue how cool TV was back in the day.

Briana Weir said...

I pride myself on bring able to tell which posts are yours before I even get to the bottom. Especially since you and your sisters have similar writing styles.

Kristen said...

So...did you guess correctly?

Melinda said...

I used to LOVE Tony Micelli! I loved the witty banter, sassy, slutty Mona, and the clothes! You had better believe I'll be watching that tonight!