Saturday, December 22, 2012

Wonderful Waffles

We love a food truck . . . and we especially love Saturday's Waffle and their little silver trailer that appears each Saturday at Olympus Hills Mall from 8am to 12noon.  It's not always possible for me to get down during those hours . . . but once I saw their tweets that they would be serving a Maple Bacon Waffle . . . I had to go.  I picked up Grace on the way and met Melinda and Kristen for some waffle goodness.  Turns out the cold weather didn't deter anyone else either . . . it was packed!  We kept warm by starting with some hot chocolate - with whipped cream and a homemade peppermint marshmallow!






Then we tried an assortment of waffles.  I love an abundance of things . . . so we had to try the Benny - the waffle, an egg, hollandaise sauce and bacon!  Then the lumberjack with sausage and gravy on the waffle.  A new favorite with maple cream and bacon!  (Can you sense a theme?)  The caprese that we had tried before and I personally love with yummy balsamic glaze, tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella and basil.  And then Grace wanted one with just whipped cream.  They were so good.  And, I think we looked pretty great eating on the hood of the car.  




After we were done, Grace wanted to try and climb up the big snow pile that had been created in the parking lot since she is an "excellent climber".  She made it up and loved it.  When I asked her later what she enjoyed most - her first choice was the snow pile.  What about the waffles?  That was second place and in last place was the cold wait for the waffles. 


Man, are these waffles good!  If you live close (or even if you don't), they are worth going for. 

No comments: