What would a weekend be without us searching for some delicious food at a fair price? I'm so committed to this cause, that I agreed to go back to Provo on a Saturday for Pete's sake! Apparently for the last 30 years, Utah Valley has hosted a Taste of the Valley, in which you get to consume a real lot of food for the bargain basement price of $10! Who doesn't love that? So last Saturday, we made the trek to the land of sparkly jeans, bump-its, and Ed Hardy t-shirts to try this sucker out. Imagine our sheer delight to learn that there were, wait for it, 44 vendors there! And me without my Thanksgiving pants. Boo! We tried to just hit the highlights so that we didn't pass out. Here is what we enjoyed:
Tucano's with their grilled pineapple and amazing lemonade:

Also, see those boxes the girls are carrying? They are genius! These allowed us to eat standing up and to schlep our food all around. I kind of want one of these in my every day life.
Gloria's Italian Restaurant! Julie told everyone she could about this food. Not only did we get four items of food, but Gloria herself was hand-rolling the gnocchi. It was pretty delicious.

Cafe Paesan. I have no photos of this place since I physically could not lift my arms at this point to take a picture, due to the food coma that had set in. But I have two words for you: Kobe beef sandwich. Fine, that's three words--I still have some tremors from said coma.
Afterward, we walked around the Provo Beach Resort to not only make sure our legs still worked, but because we love games that give us tickets! Julie got a large pixie stick (not sure what she's going to do with that), and I got these sweet glasses.

Which I later learned had a label advising these were not to be used to block the sun. And we wrapped it up by squeezing into a photo booth. Because that's just fun.
1 comment:
I love Cafe Paesan! We should go for lunch one day!
Post a Comment