Thursday, July 21, 2011

Doomed from the Start

Poor Jyll with a Y on Next Food Network Star. She makes a risotto for special judge Wolfgang Puck, who takes one look at it and leaps out of his seat to take her into the kitchen and cook her a REAL risotto. Mortifying, right?

Oh, Jyll with a Y, if you had just asked me, I could’ve told you that you NEVER make a risotto on a reality cooking competition! I’m not a risotto expert, but I AM an expert on reality cooking shows, and I can tell you that risottos never work! Risottos take a lot of time to cook and develop. I don’t care what show you’re on – NFNS, Top Chef, Chopped - you bust your butt to get it done in the crazy short time limit, only to have the judges, with their noses in the air, tell you “this is not a risotto.”

Who else loves NFNS??

2 comments:

Jana said...

Ok Kristen...I am cracking up right now because that is exactly what I said to Eric when I was watching it. Before she even gave it to the judges I was like risotto!! She's gone. I have never even eaten risotto in my life, but every single time someone makes a risotto on TV every one hates it. Risotto and sabayon. Apparently the difficulty level is extremely high on those. :) Oh- and don't even think of going to the ice cream maker on Chopped :)

Kristen said...

Amen and amen!!