
A few years ago on this blog, I wrote about my favorite websites. I am always updating my bookmarks on my computer with my favorites. And, as I was reviewing some from 2008, I see that I need to update my list as some of them don't exist anymore. Well, until then, one of my all time favorites that I am loving right now is
The Red Headed Hostess, with her quote, "Being the hostess to your own life and family". When I see an update pop up in my Google Reader, it's a must read for me. She has great ideas on how to study scriptures better, holiday ideas for your family, things for the home and ideas for youth callings. A few months ago as I was thinking about what to do for an upcoming Priest and Laurel date night activity, and then she had a posting on
make-your-own quesadillas. I mean, look at this pretty picture that I pilfered from her blog . . . it totally makes you want a quesadilla, doesn't it. Plus, the kids always like things they customize themselves. Done . . . I went to find me a quesadilla maker (thank you Target!) so that I could make this happen. I rounded up the suggested toppings and, yes indeed,
the kids had a ball making their own. And turns out, it was even the week of Cinco de Mayo, so I think it was inspired. Oh, and the little trick where you butter the tortillas and sprinkle the griddle side with cheese . . . A-mazing! It made all the difference to have the tortillas with a little crunch. Next up, I really want to start doing the scripture journal quotes. I absolutely love quotes and collect some of my favorites, so this is the perfect thing to help enhance my scripture study. Thanks to the Red Headed Hostess for her inspiration and sharing her ideas. Love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment