1. Rejected the advances of a man named Raheem on the plane ride there. Not only did he have a very strong Indian accent, but the roar of the plane made it so that half our conversation involved me saying "WHAT?" and "I still didn't understand you!" He decided to take matters into his own hands and move from the aisle seat to the middle seat right next to me, and tell me things like "You are so beautiful" and "You are so white. Are you wearing eye makeup?" He also asked me if I am single, where I live, and how much I pay for my mortgage. Even after making up a fake boyfriend and picking up the SkyMall catalog (Skymall!) to read, he continued to pepper me with questions. With communication like this, I think it is a true love match, you guys.
4. Visited 3 H&Ms.
5. Ate lots of good food. Mostly pizza. We also made a stop at Trader Joe's, which I kept calling Pirate O's.
7. Took a 6:00 am flight on Sunday so I could speak in church. Except the speaking engagement was moved to next Sunday. File that under "things that would've been nice to know before I booked my flight."
All in all, I had a super fun time and it was so nice to get away for the weekend!
2 comments:
Did I ever tell you about the first time I really went out ALONE in London, and a Pakistani man came up to me while in Trafalgar Square. His opening line was, "Hello, are you Pakistani?" Apparently it was not important if I was or not, because he followed me around and talked to me, asking a lot of questions and wanting my number. I don't remember how I lost him, or why I was willing to go out alone again after that. :)
Haven't checked your blog in awhile, always good for a laugh. Love the Raheem story! Too funny. Glad you had a fun trip, even if it was rainy. p.s. SO lame they cancelled your talk and you could have stayed longer. You should have cancelled on them!
Post a Comment