Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goodbye, My Sweet(s)

So if you recall...from last week, one of the items on my 30 before 30 list is to give something up for Lent. Which starts today, I might add.

I had two ideas in mind of "vices" I could give up:
1. Sweets
2. TV

I'm telling you, it was like Sophie's Choice! Which one of those things could I possibly give up when they both mean so much to me??

This afternoon at work, and with the help of a few coworkers, I made my decision:

Neither.

Well, sort of neither. I've decided to give up - not all sweets, but candy.



40ish days without eating any candy. Baked goods and other desserts are still on the table. Totally do-able.

Or at least, I think it is.

See you on Easter...with a big fat Cadbury Egg in my hand!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Girlfriend! I totally pledged to give up Dr Pepper for Lent. On my way to work today I stopped for a Big Gulp. I was halfway through it before I realized what today was. Before 8 am on the first day?

Epic fail.

Kristen said...

I think you're still in this thing, Kim. Totally doesn't count.