Saturday, September 27, 2014

General Women's Meeting

We had started a family tradition of going to the General Women's meeting together with the ladies in our family in the spring.  And, then, I got a stake calling in the Relief Society and am now busy planning and executing events for the stake.  We offered service projects and food starting at 4:00 pm - which means we started at 10:00 am to get everything ready. (This was in addition to the shopping and prep we had been doing in the weeks leading up to this).  We had a good turnout and completed 100 birthday bags, 13 quilts and fed 250 ladies.  But, it was exhausting, and I just really wanted to be with my family. 

Kara threading tomatoes

Monica getting the quilts on the frames

Young women, Makaela and Sister Smithee, helping me with the chips and salsa

Stake YW President, Katie, was a huge help to me. 

Lilli sent me this pic from their celebration saying they missed me.  I was glad to see it - and had a little tear - so tired from my day and wanting to be with my family.  How will I figure this out so I can be with them and still do my calling.  Hmmm. . . . 

No comments: