Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chew On This!


There are many times I’m grateful I’m not the Relief Society President. A couple of weeks ago, I was conducting, and the President said told me that she needed to take a few minutes at the end of the meeting to make an announcement. So, the end of the meeting comes, and I sit down and wait to hear something about the new manuals, or visiting teaching. Instead, we got to hear this: “The Bishop has asked me to announce that there have been multiple complaints about excessive PDA in Sacrament Meeting…(insert awkward pause)…in particular, there has been a problem with ear biting. We know you are excited to see your husbands after a couple of hours, but please remember that there are other people around you, and we are here to worship.” Best.announcement.EVER! But the best part about this announcement was that the older sisters in the ward could not hear what she was saying, and she had to repeat it THREE times. This was followed by these same sisters whisper yelling, “What’s PDA?” and “Did she say ear biting? That doesn’t make any sense—I think she said how exciting.” And you thought the Singles wards had all the fun. We meet at 10:50 for anyone who wants to come over.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That story cannot be real! What is wrong with people???

Heather said...

I am in shock! That is so funny!

Fame said...

shut up. you are not serious. oh. my. gosh!

Beth said...

This is an awesome story. And I have known one couple in a previous ward I was in who I avoided sitting behind because they were always rubbing backs, giving pecks, and, yes, ear biting.