1. I love watches, and always have to wear one. My love started when I got a Swatch in the fourth grade, and I have been hooked ever since. Also, when the batteries die, I buy a new one rather than replacing the batteries.
2. I have a high functioning level of OCD. I like things just so, which may be why I live alone. For instance, my closet is organized by color, and sub-categorized by sleeve length.
3. I love cinnamon bears, but they have to be from Sweet’s Candy Co. And if you really want to make my day, give me chocolate covered cinnamon bears! Harmon’s sells them in a lovely plastic tub, and when they are refrigerated, there is nothing better.
4. I hate being cold! Thus, I happily pay my very expensive heat bill in the Winter.
5. I have always wanted to play the drums ever since I got a Mickey Mouse drum from Disneyland as a young lass.
6. I have taken tap dance and ice skating lessons, and yes, I will give you a demo.
7. It’s good I don’t drink because I love mocktails, especially pina coladas. Ole!
8. All I want is a hot meal at a fair price.
9. I “love” to play tennis. Get it? Ha!
10. I hate feet.
11. My nieces and nephews are adorable, and I love hanging out with them.
12. I hate clutter. Please see #2 above.
13. I have always thought Andre Agassi is foxy—even when he had his mullet and wore the pleated denim shorts.
14. I hate the following words: moist, bulge, lunchmeat and cream.
15. I enjoy the following words: trousers, slacks, blouse and canoodle.
16. I absolutely love to eat out, and list it as one of my hobbies.
17. I love wearing pointy-toed high heels. I have 18 pair currently (yes, I’m a dork and I counted).
18. I am so not a runner, yet I somehow keep entering races. I am going to pass out during the Wasatch Back.
19. I was the governor of my fourth grade class.
20. I love reading magazines such as Us Weekly and People. If I could start a book club with those , I would! (Do I sound completely shallow yet?)
21. I have always love big hoop earrings, and have before J-Lo made them popular.
22. Apparently, I’m a winker.
23. I enjoy the reality TV and elimination shows. How good is Dancing with the Stars?
24. I don’t like long road trips—St. George is my limit. I don’t care what you say, they are not fun after the first hour, and I just want to get where I’m going.
25. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, but why in the world do they have to start playing Christmas music on November 1st? It makes me so angry.
26. I actually like sports, and know the rules for most major sports. However, hockey is still a mystery to me.
27. I love taking cooking classes.
28. Ricky Martin is the best concert I have ever been to. I’m not afraid to admit it, and yes, I am shaking my bon bon right now.
29. I love argyle.
30. I don’t move when I sleep. I have a queen size bed, and only sleep on half of it.
31. As a result, I always make my bed.
32. Getting pedicures is a favorite treat, but my feet are very sensitive, and I can’t sit still while they’re working on me.
33. I love MAC lipglass, especially the Chai flavor. It’s so shiny. I also always have to have a lipgloss of some sort on at all times, thanks to my roommate Andrea from BYU who taught me, “That’s what we do in Oklahoma, y’all.”
34. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
35. I love making lists and checking them off.
36. I organize my grocery lists by sections of the store, because come on, that’s just more efficient.
37. How great is Beverly Hills 90210, years 1-5? I could watch those reruns all day.
38. I am very competitive, but pretend that I’m not.
39. I like to consider myself a fancy person, but I love monster truck rally’s, rodeos and demolition derby’s.
40. I always have ice cream in my freezer! And it’s usually Dreyer’s Rocky Road.
41. I have to force myself to drink water. Bless Crystal Light and their water bottle packets, or I would be perpetually dehydrated.
42. I love the Food Network and cooking shows. Top Chef on Bravo is a good time.
43. I read cookbooks like novels, with the Ivory cookbook being a favorite.
44. I love count downs and “best of” lists.
45. My mom was the kindest, most gracious person I have ever met, and I aspire to be like her.
46. I know all the words to “Bust a Rhyme” by Young MC. All of them.
47. I hate haunted houses and scary movies. Why is it fun to be scared?
48. I haven’t set foot in a public library since I was 8. Luckily, Kristen goes enough for both of us.
49. I love exclamation points!!
50. I heart Jim Halpert. Why isn’t he real?
51. The toilet paper roll must roll from top to bottom. I am always tempted to change it in other people’s bathrooms if it’s not that way, but I haven’t yet.
52. Doing laundry is my favorite chore, and I also love folding my clothes. Is there anything better than clean clothes? I didn’t think so.
53. I have a freakish memory for pop culture, people’s names and birthdays, and conversations I’ve had through the years. So if you talked to me in the 3rd grade, I’ll remind you of it the next time I see you.
54. I don’t have an appendix, but I do have my tonsils.
55. I love the Price is Right and still have a crush on that silver fox, Bob Barker.
56. I read at least one newspaper online every day.
57. Instead of saying, “You’re Welcome,” when people thank me, I end up saying, “You Bet.” I have no idea why I do this.
58. I am not a girl who likes to hang out in my pajamas or sweats after work. I just can’t do it.
59. I love skee ball.
60. I think the Alpine Slide is a good time. My family has been riding it for years, and we all have various battle scars in the form of fiberglass burns from going too fast.
61. I live in shorts in the Summer, along with…
62. Teva Mush flip flops. They’re like walking on pillows!
63. I cannot deviate from a recipe when I’m cooking.
64. I wanted to be a cub scout when I was little. My mom was a den mother, and I loved trying to work on the merit badges with the boys. My favorite activity was making neckerchief slides, and I stored them in my pretty gold jewelry box.
65. I love to travel, particularly to anywhere tropical.
66. How good is raw cookie dough? Papa Murphy’s sells it by the tub, and it is the closest to homemade that I have found. It will be the best $1.99 you will ever spend.
67. I never had to wear a retainer or braces.
68. I believe in celebrating birthday week. (It’s on April 22nd by the way)
69. Everything is better with bacon.
70. I am terrible at parallel parking. That’s what valet parking is for.
71. H&M is the best discovery ever. Thanks Kristen for going to London to discover this little gem!
72. I hate it when people type emails in ALL CAPS. Why do you have to yell at me?
73. Maui Babe is truly a local secret, and may be the best invention ever.
74. I could lie on a beach or by a pool literally all day, and be completely happy. I’m not kidding.
75. The Baja Cantina has the best Mexican food in the state. Just ask Kristen.
76. The Mandarin is pretty much the best Chinese food ever. Whenever I go anywhere else, I always wish I had just driven to Bountiful instead.
77. Hires Big H has the best cheeseburger. I worked there in high school, and this is a hidden gem on their menu.
78. Litza’s Pizza also has fantastic pizza.
79. I always buy the light blue properties when I’m playing Monopoly.
80. Overly chunky foods make me gag. (Is that an overshare? Sorry.)
81. I love a nice apron.
82. I don’t eat leftovers.
83. I love crushed (not cubed) ice. My friend, Betsy, gave me my own ice crusher, so I can have it whenever I want. And I do!
84. Grandma Ruth taught me to find a bonus in anything. When she was in the hospital for hip surgery, she loved her doctors and nurses, and even the food. What a gal.
85. I think standing ovations are overdone, and I won’t participate unless it’s truly deserving.
86. Grandma Irene fostered my love of baking and real whipped cream. Cool Whip is not the same, people!
87. My car is usually clean.
88. I desperately want to be on TLC’s What Not to Wear. Somebody please nominate me!
89. I speak sarcasm fluently.
90. I won the Best Seamstress award in the 9th grade. However, I was terrible at sewing, and mom ended up fixing/making everything for my class. We got a nice giggle out of that for years.
91. At a buffet, I get a dessert with every course to make sure I’m not too full to eat them when I’m done.
92. My dad is the perfect example of what a husband and father should be. I blame him for setting the bar so high, which is why I’m not married.
93. My Grandpa Howard taught me how to sneak candy. Grandma didn’t want him to eat any, so when we visited and were in the kitchen, he would come out to say hi to us, and would then proceed to sneak candy. Brilliant.
94. I am a creature of habit.
95. The tollhouse pie from the Dodo kills me!
96. If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. I can’t stand it when people say that something is going to be too much work.
97. I am a really good sleeper, but rarely remember my dreams.
98. However, I can’t sleep on planes. Going to London was a very long flight. But, as Julie will tell you, Air New Zealand, and all four flight attendants named Jonathan made it worth it.
99. I had a great childhood.
100. I am nearly always on time, but I am habitually 7 minutes late to work every day.
101. I put pepper on almost everything.
102. I love advent calendars and cookie jars.
103. My beverage of choice is Dr. Pepper, with lime. Thanks Doug Redding for introducing me to this ice cold delight.
3 comments:
Wow! A little OCD, huh? You thought of some good ones. How could I have forgotten about back and chocolate chip cookie dough! Nice list!
P.S. - Love Julie :)
Maui Babe? I haven't heard of this...please share!
Post a Comment