Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gymnasium Pet Peeve #1

So Kristen's pet peeve reminded me of one of my huge pet peeves, and a big reason why I quit the gym a couple of years ago. As previously noted, I am a creature of habit, and when I belonged to the Gold's Gym, I would always hop on treadmill #8 as it was positioned right by a TV, and smack in the middle of two circulating fans. This created an optimal amount of fresh air, and allowed me to get my run on with a nice amount of comfort. I would also usually go at approximately the same time every night, and it was not very busy when I went. There would be the occasional night that other people would come and use the treadmills, which I certainly don't have a problem with. What always baffled and annoyed me was when there was 10 treadmills available on either side of me, and they would pick the one right next to me. Who does that? This was especially bothersome if they participated in my other pet peeve at the gym, which is wearing perfume/cologne. Because I was in the middle of the two circulating fans, the aroma of sweat combined with said fragrance created quite the stench, and it would blow around me approximately every two seconds. Needless to say, this got me to run pretty quickly, but in the end, I had to quit the gym.

No comments: