Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Julie!!

Guess what? Today is Julie's birthday! I think this is just her sneaky way to get us to blog, but it worked! So we would like to share some of the things that we love about our Julie.


Julie is....
A cheerleader.  She feels very strongly that it's important for our family to support one another.  So whether it's being at a concert for a niece or nephew or at the finish line of a half marathon for Kristen, Julie is always there to cheer us on.  

A sounding board.  Julie is always good to talk things through with because she will always tell you honestly what she thinks.  But that doesn't mean she can't see both sides of an issue.  She is a good communicator with everyone in our family.

An idea gal.  If you need an idea for an Enrichment (excuse me, Weekly Meeting) activity, a youth conference, or even a handout, Julie will have an idea for you.  Either she's done it herself, seen it done, or has a file on it.  

An information guru.  Julie loves the chase of finding out new information and learning new things.  In fact, she's often looking up multiple things at once. 

Independent.  She knows how to get things done and she'll always do them well.  

Loved by her nieces and nephews.  Julie is always taking our nieces and nephews out on new adventures or having sleepovers at her house.  They love the experiences she provides for them. So, we thought we would poll them and ask what they love about Julie. They range in age from 2-16, and they had some great things to say about Julie:


  • She is always in an upbeat mood. 
  • She always compliments us. 
  • Sleepovers! (Every single niece and nephew mentioned Julie's legendary sleepovers.)
  • She is fun to talk to and loves asking us questions.
  • She loves Coke! (It's true. Just tonight she was saying how refreshing an ice cold Coke is. How can we get her a sponsorship deal?)
  • She is kind.
  • She plays with me.
  • I love being with her.
  • She is nice.
  • She takes us fun places. I love being with her.
  • She knows what we like and pays attention to us.
  • She is funny.
  • She spends time with us. 
  • "I love, love, love her laugh!"

The best sister.  Julie is so thoughtful, kind and would do anything for us.

We love having Julie as our sister.  Happy birthday, Julie!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you had a great birthday Julie! This was a fun post to read and I know firsthand that it's all true! You are an amazing friend and I'm glad I met you all those years ago planning Enrichment nights!

Julie said...

Wow! Thanks guys. What a fun surprise to see when I opened up my reader. I'm glad the blog is not dead and appreciate all the nice comments. Thanks for making my birthday so great!