Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Don't Know Everything

I feel like I know about a fair amount of stuff. But the other day I heard someone say they were double-parked outside, and it occurred to me: I have never known what that means. I presume it's illegal. But what does it actually mean - is the car taking up two spaces? I still don't know.

There's other stuff that, until recently, I made it through my whole life not knowing (thank you, Google, for helping me out). For example, what is a marshmallow? Turns out it's just sugar. I still don't know how they make 'em, though. And where does popcorn come from? Apparently it's a type of corn! I really had no idea. All those years singing "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" have led me astray.

What seemingly obvious stuff don't you know?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hmmm . . . how will I know what I don't know???