Saturday, November 9, 2013

Yummy Food

We love good food!  It's kind of a problem.  Here are some yummy things I've tried lately. 


A grilled cheese waffle sandwich with pulled pork from a local food truck.  So good! 


Yummy homemade ice cream from Hatch's Chocolates in the Avenues.  Their ice cream combinations are fabulous!

Melinda and I had fun venturing to Farmington Crossing and trying Twigs, a new restaurant there.  Our favorite thing was the dippable doughnuts in chocolate, caramel and creme anglais sauces.  Fried dough + sauce = yummy!

This is another new food truck concept . . . the Navajo Taco.  Utahns love fried dough with toppings.  There is always quite a line there. 


This is a classic.  Hires B H cheeseburger, fries, sauce and a cherry limeade.  My mouth is watering as I type this. 


We also love Smashburger.  Their smash fries plus a chicken sandwich with bacon and avocado is heavenly. 

Melinda turned us on to this delectable treat at the Chocolate, a dessert cafe with locations in West Jordan and Orem.  Our favorite is The Husband with buttery yellow cake and a killer chocolate ganache frosting. 

Plus, they have frosty glasses of milk there too.  



Oh, here we are at Hatch's again for an after dinner treat.  Got to do it! 


And, as soon as the holidays hit, I am on a quest for all things peppermint. 
This chocolate peppermint cheesecake from Kneader is yummy.  I think I love the cake version just as much if not better. 


My family has been nice enough to get this for me for my birthday even though it's a little early for Kneaders to start offering it for the holiday season. 


I found these little gems at Costco.  Loved them!

And, my favorite lunch spot downtown is Bambara in the Hotel Monaco.  They post daily lunch specials at 11:00 everyday and if there is French Onion soup, seafood or steak . . . we're there!  It's a little pricier than most meals, but with impeccable service and food, we think its worth it!

No comments: