Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Heart a Parting Gift!


 
We love taking cooking classes at Thanksgiving Point and have been going since they started more than 10 years ago.  It started with all of the girls meeting there for a class together - Kristen would come from BYU, I would pick up my Mom after work and head down with her and Melinda would join us too.  Now, it's pretty much just Melinda and I from time-to-time.  This week we went to a great class by Michelle Huxtable, who was sampling recipes from her Gathering of Friends cookbooks.  I had been to one of her classes before and knew that we would be fed well.  In fact, the last time, Michelle had just come from shooting a picture of one of her recipes for an upcoming book - bacon wrapped tater tots.  You have to respect a woman who will put that recipe in a glossy, showy cookbook.  Not to mention, my love of all things bacon - I knew her recipes were for me.  We were fed some delicious food and were stuffed in no time.  One of my favorite things of the evening . . . lovely parting gifts.  We left with a package of a spice mix to use when we make Tuscan chicken and we got a package of homemade peanut butter cookie balls to make at home - both in a cellophane bag tied with ribbon.  I was in heaven!  Oh, how I love a little take away gift. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

I want to do a class with you girls! So fun!