Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Goodness

I love the pumpkin season. The smell of pumpkin, the yummy taste of basically anything with the pumpkin pie spice in it. Thanks to a blog that is regularly stalked, we learned about a little secret at one of my favorite places, Nielsen's Frozen Custard. In addition to the usual yummy flavors that you can get in cones or concretes (a huge cup of custard goodness), apparently in October only there is an unadvertised special of Pumpkin Concretes. One Saturday after Melinda and I treated ourselves to pedicures, we were in the neighborhood and thought we should try it out. At the counter we said that we had heard a rumor that we could get pumpkin concretes, and the boy behind the counter said, "Yeah, we can do that." He proceeded to go to the back room for the special stuff and whipped us up a delicious Concrete that we split. It was delicious!!!! Thanks to the blogs for sharing these little tidbits with us. You have about a week left to give one a try!

As a little bonus, I was rocking the family minivan that day and near the driver's seat is a historic pair of Dad's sunglasses that Melinda tested out on our drive home. Aren't they great?!? I begged her to let me post this and hopefully it will still be here in the morning after she sees it.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Truly there is nothing in the world like Nielsens. There is no other product out there quite like that. We live just down the street and just may have to run up there for some of that Pumpkin Goodness.

H Yoho said...

Yes, I was hoping you would post about this since you alluded to it in a previous post. I will head down to try the special stuff myself for sure. Thanks for the great tip!

Mindy said...

Melinda . . . you better not take this picture down. It perfectly captures the excitement of Pumpkin Goodness.

I love stalking your blog. Now I too can join in the pumpkin goodness. Thanks for sharing the tidbit :)

Anonymous said...

Who knew that Nielsen's keeps a secret stash of pumpkin goodness hidden in that secret back room? I've always wondered what goes on back there. The worker was very secretive about the whole thing, so if they pretend not to know what you're talking about, you tell them to march back into that freezer and get it for you. And I'm currently wearing those historic sunglasses while I type this--is that bad?

Heather said...

oh yummy pumpkiny goodness...where have you been all summer? Like it doesn't come from a can...