Saturday, August 2, 2008

More of Julie's Favorite Things

These are some of the latest things that I am loving right now . . .

The last couple of days I have been taking the young women to and from camp. Even though I wasn't actually camping, I was still in the hot sun sweating and feeling gross by the time I came home from being in the car 5+ hours round trip. So I came home and immediately showered to feel fresh again. I tried a new shampoo that I got at the hair salon the last time I was there - Healthy Sexy Hairs rehydrating line of hair products in Pumpkin! I love pumpkin . . . pumpkin shakes, ice cream, pie . . . on and on . . . so of course, I had to have this new product. Between washing and conditioning my hair with this spicy pumpkin blend and then using my previously mentioned new favorite body wash in vanilla . . . I was smelling scrumptious if I do say so myself . . . like a yummy little pie!

And speaking of camp, to help the time pass by I had asked Kristen - who knows all about music - to make me some CD's from her vast collection of music. She created 4 custom discs that I have played non-stop the last few days. The ones I find myself playing over and over again are, "Potential Breakup Song" by Aly and AJ and "Untouched" by the Veronicas. Many of the songs she picked were ones that are also from dance routines on "So You Think You Can Dance" which I loved as well as the young women had a fun time matching the song that played to the dance routine performed. Good times . . . thanks, Kristen!

When Brent came home from his mission to Italy several years ago, he introduced us to "real" mozzarella cheese . . . the kind that is kept in water. Who knew that all cheeses don't come in a hard processed block at the grocery store. He made a pasta salad and caprese' salad with this yummy cheese. This year for the 24th of July we had steak sandwiches with this delectable delight on top of the steak, peppers and onions . . . yum! The cheese is so soft and creamy I couldn't get enough. Thanks to Costco, you can find this cheese in two delicious logs in the refrigerated cheese section.

Because I am a late night putterer, but still need to get up early for work, I find myself VERY tired in the mornings. This little gem is one of my new favorite things . . . Benefits DePuffing Eye Gel and they also have a nice cream for dark circles as well. I put a little under my eyes in the morning when I'm getting ready and somehow it helps me look refreshed. That . . . and of course my morning Coke and I'm good to go!

My new favorite thing in my house are frames that I treated myself to - to go around my existing bathroom mirrors. Now, everytime I go in the bathrooms and see the mirrors, I am so excited by the transformation. Michelle at www.reflecteddesign.com has a big selection of frames in different price points . . . I love them and think the concept is brilliant. (See a little corner of my framed mirror in the shampoo picture)

And last are the PinkBench headbands. I discovered these at the "What Women Want" show at the South Towne Expo months ago. I always have trouble with headbands staying on my head. These have a genius design to tie in a cute bow under your head and they are secured underneath with Velcro . . . it doesn't hurt your head and the headband stays in place. I got a couple in different patterns that I love!

What are some of your favorite things?

No comments: