Monday, March 17, 2008

What is in Julie's Purse?

Everyone likes to tease me about the weight of my purse. My purse is fabulous! After years of trying out different ones, this one can hold everything I may need in a day. Not to mention I'm working out my arms as well. One of these days I need to weigh this thing.

1. Umbrella - you never know when it might rain.
2. Sewing kit - for buttons that pop or clothes that need to be safety pinned together . . . I use those more than you think.
3. A notebook for my thoughts . . . because they tend to escape me these days.
4. Post-it Notes - in case I need to leave a note for somebody.
5. Assorted gum and mints . . . for minty fresh breath.
6. My wallet - which is also an organizer and a friend. :) Two different check books, assorted credit cards, reminder cards and ID information.
7. Assorted lip glosses and hairspray - for those touch ups during the day. And a pony tail holder for when it can't be salvaged.
8. Assorted pens and highlighters - I'm often working on a lesson or reading articles and a variety of colored highlighters helps me when I'm on the go.
9. Birdhouse keys
10. Clear nail polish - for those touchups after a freshly painted set of nails.
11. Socks - you never know when you may need to go bowling after work. I have also used them after a pedicure. Melinda and I went to Rumbi one night after a pedicure for dinner - the flimsy flip flops from the salon broke while I was in line and I couldn't walk in them. Luckily! I had my trusty socks with me so I wouldn't have to ruin my freshly scrubbed feet going back out to the car. Phewww!!!
12. Pizza coupons
13. Sunglasses - my favorite ones!
14. Thank you notes - for when I need to write a quick note (Lilli thinks this is funny since I don't carry stamps) :)
15. Blackberry (not shown) - I never leave home without this! My new favorite thing for while I'm stranded in the car or on the go.

Totally reasonable, right? -Julie

P.S. Can I also just mention how excited I am tonight for The Bachelor AND Dancing with the Stars. I LOVE this time of year!

5 comments:

Birds Nest said...

Julie, you crack me up! I about died reading your itemized list, even though I was a tad disappointed that your Blackberry was not shown. You were probably on it at the time :) Have you ever thought about keeping an actual bowling ball in your bag, for those wacky spontaneous after-work bowling escapades? -Kristen

Anonymous said...

Yeah Julie, it's totally reasonable to keep a pair of socks with you at ALL times. I mean, who doesn't do that? Not to mention the fact that you are usually wearing socks tucked inside your Rampage Trish boots. Oh wait, I just popped a button over here--can you run over here and sew it for me?

Lilli said...

Now all you need is a spoon full of sugar Mary Poppins. I really am shocked that you carry thread yet you don't keep any stamps in your wallet/organizer/friend.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just have to say, that although I have never met Julie, I can shout from the mountain tops that I love her along with the rest of you crazy Birds. I just finished reading each and every post of the elusive Bird Blog and I have to say that even though I can only expect two good years of friendship (as per Melinda), I am going to live those two years up, my friends. It takes a bit for me to laugh out loud and laugh out loud, I did and frequently while being edified by the words contained here. Ricky Martin? Harmon's? Feet? Gray hairs? 300ish things that I now know about the Bird sisters? Priceless. It's a playsure beyond maysure to know you. Heart - Brooke

Anonymous said...

My goal is actually to have a purse like Michelle Pfeiffer in "One Fine Day". Once I can make a superhero outfit on the fly, then I will feel like I'm prepared for anything!